Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day 26... but who's counting



Well, it's been 26 days since we sent in our LOI and still nothing. HOWEVER, I have a good feeling about this week. I could be wrong, I have been before, I just think this is going to be THE week.

So, since I can't show you her, I'll show you where she lives. Mylei is in the Henan province (light orange in the center) in the Sanmenxia Social Welfare Institute. Sanmenxia is located at the bend of the Yangtze River (AKA- the yellow river). I don't know much about this area or about the orphanage. I have only been able to connect with two other moms who are adopting children from the same orphanage. Other than these two, I have never even heard of this city or this orphanage.

China has lots of social welfare institutes. So, when following the journeys of other adopting parents, you learn lots of names. It is unusual not to recognize cities or orphanages. China, however, has recently opened up some of the other orphanages allowing them to send paper work in for children to be adopted. Sadly, there are many other orphanages not allowed to send in paperwork for lots more children. This is a very difficult thing for me to imagine.

We won't know where we pick Mylei up until our travel arrangements are given. In other words, I am not even sure if we will get to see Sanmenxia City. I used to be very insistent about NOT visiting her orphanage if given the chance. Sometimes it's an option sometimes it's not. I thought it would be way too difficult for me emotionally. But, I've done a lot of thinking. Now, I think if I can, I will visit her orphanage. I don't want to look back on this trip and have any regrets. As I said in an earlier post, I am not very adventurous, but God has clearly challenged me. This is definitely THE GREAT ADVENTURE for me!!!

1 comment:

Mikey said...

China was so amazing when I got a chance to go there. I wanted so badly to see the WALL, but wasn't able to. Another time I suppose. :-)

It is my 500th Post today! A milestone to the fact that I can be disciplined and enjoy it at the same time. You should do me the honor and check it out. :-)

-Mikey