Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Going to hell and back..... and so excited about it!

Did I say I had a good feeling about last week?  I was just kidding!  



So, if your counting, and I am sure all of you are, this is DAY 37!!!!!!  37 and still nothing!  And, remember my thought about skipping that part, forget it!!  I am still waiting on an initial PA.  Why?  Who the heck knows???   But, I do know where someone came up with the term "slow boat to China".  Is there another boat??  Because if there is, I want  on it!!!!  


Word at my agency is that in the last 6 months, no one has skipped that step.  Why??  Because apparently different people at the CCAA do things differently for different agencies.  So, whoever works on my agency's has been sitting around doing NOTHING!!  While other people are getting their PA's in 8 days and then an LOA 29-35 days later (average), we are still waiting on Connie Chung to process a few pages!  I am so frustrated, in case you can't tell.  I realize God has his own time table and one would think after this many years that I would know it is best to wait for him. I am just getting really weary of the journey.  I feel like my whole life is on hold.  I don't know when I can plan on travel.  If it's not before the Olympics, am I going to have to wait until October???  How fair is that to her, us or the foster parents???  With every day that passes, it's going to be harder for everyone involved.  As a matter of fact, I was explaining the foster family situation to this amazing lady at my church, who has adopted 8 children.  She put her hand on my arm and said, "Your trip to China is going to be hell!!"  Her experience tells her that this little girl is going to grieve and it's not going to involve one or two tears.


On a different note, I did write the foster family.  This is what I said:

To the wonderful people taking care of Mylei,

Thank you so much for caring for and loving Mylei.  We are sure it is going to be very difficult to see her leave.  We can only imagine how much you love her.  We are so thankful for you.


We are very, very excited to welcome Mylei into our home.  We have been waiting for her for a long time.  We want you to know that we will take very good care of her.  I (April) stay home with the children.  I do not have a job outside the home.  We have 3 other children also.  A daughter, Shelby (10), a daughter, Gracie (7) and a son, Jackson (5).  They are so excited to be getting a sister.  They talk about her everyday.  We live in an area with lots of children, so she will have lots of friends.  We go to a church where at least 3 other families have also adopted several children from China.  We will teach her about her culture. We will celebrate Chinese holidays.  We will tell her all about you and how you took such great care of her.  We will provide for her needs.  We have access to great doctors who will help us care for Mylei.  Mylei also has grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins who are eagerly waiting her arrival.


If you would like, we would also remain in contact with you.  We would love to send you updates and photos of Mylei as she grows.


I know this process must be very difficult for you.  We wanted to assure you that we love her already.  She will receive the best care possible.  We think she is getting a great family!


Thanks again for all you have done!





1 comment:

Sharon said...

I say we get on a plane and go get your PA...might as well grab that LOA too...Ahhh, what the heck..TA and your child too. We'll just get it all at once. Sound good?