Tuesday, June 17, 2008

He gives and takes away


“The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD” (Job 1:21).


For reasons not completely known to us, the first precious little girl we wanted to adopt from China was taken away.  Part of the reason (see last post), I believe, is because God also knew that some very dear friends of ours was going to have a relative taken away from them and we needed to be here.

However, the Lord is faithful and he also gives!!

Today, we were given a very precious gift- we were given a new referral.  I am not allowed to show a picture of her right now.  I am also not allowed to say much about her.  But, I will tell you that she is an absolute doll!  She could not possibly be any cuter!!  And, she is 10 months old with a very minor (in our opinion) special need.

We do not have any other information right now.  We are unsure of how our papers are being processed.  That would help us get a better idea of when we will travel.  Our agency has already submitted those questions for us and we hope to have answers really soon.  We immediately filled out the paperwork we needed to in order to say that we accepted her.  We have  already mailed it!!  We didn't need 10 seconds to decide if we would accept her.

I could never begin to thank all of you who have prayed for us and encouraged us.  I am certain God has answered those prayers.  We are beside ourselves happy tonight!  I think I will sleep better tonight than I have in a long time!



Blessed be your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where the streams of abundance flow
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

Blessed be your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be your name

Blessed be your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be your name

Every blessing you pour out,
I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, Blessed be your name

8 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

Hugs to you,i cannot begin to share with you how your journey has touched my heart....He does give and you have been so faithful....and His timing is so perfect...so
CONGRATULATIONS on your most beautiful referral!!!!!! and we cant wait to see your photo
xxx
s (UK and RQ friend)

Cristy said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your daughter! God's ways are high above ours, and though I know you grieve the loss of the first daughter, we know God has a plan for that sweet little one too!

One of the things we always tell our girls when referring to their adoption story is, that before the foundation of the world God chose US to be their mommy and daddy. He planned for this little 10 mo old baby girl to be your daughter and we rejoice with you as we see God's plan unfold!

Sharon said...

I am so happy you have a referral! I can not wait to see pics of your daughter and to follow your journey. Let's hope it's a speedy process!!!!

Unknown said...

Logan & I were just singing that song together last night...what a good, good God we serve!
Can't wait to see your BABY girl!!

Tony and Rett said...

YAY!!!!!! GOD IS GOOD...ALL THE TIME!

Congratulations! We cannot wait to hear more about her!

Pam said...

Congratulations1 Can't wait to see her!

Love, Pam

Michelle said...

God is good! We too can speak to His perfect timing in regards to our adoption. We always prayed that He would decide things for us so that we never goofed up His plans. AND HE DID! It was tough at the time, but looking back now, it was just right. I know your first daughter touched you deeply and you still greive for her. I pray that she will have a wonderful family and that this newest addition will be a blessing to you - bringing you the joy you deserve! CONGRATULATIONS!

Michelle
http://bringing-e-home.blogspot.com

The Gang's Momma! said...

We have a similar story this week, with the newest list of WC. On Friday, our agency was inputting our data and LOI for a toddler and the system "glitched." Her file was re-released into the system and long-story-short, she's gone from the list. Was there on Monday afternoon (China time). Was gone by Monday morning our time. We're working thru this and are processing it. This blog post is so encouraging. I'll be back for sure.