Friday, May 30, 2008

The Maker of heaven and earth


I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.


That's about sums it up!!  Psalm 121:1-2

If you have been following along, I had to take a couple of post off at the suggestion of my agency.  They did not read it, but made some suggestions that made my think I should remove the last two.  
If you have missed reading this last couple of days, our little girl has a foster family that loves her very much.  They are having a very, very difficult time giving her to the orphanage so that we can be granted travel approval to come get her.  This has left our agency and many others in unchartered waters.  This is unheard of in China and has never happened before.  We are so thankful that she is and has been loved so dearly, but we love her too.  We are lifting our eyes to the maker of heaven and earth and asking Him to do His will.

I am not going to be able to give many details right now about what it happening, but I will that the situation is being worked on...

I have moments when I get really upset and want to leave with the rest of the group I was supposed to travel with.... in 19 days!!!  There are times when I can't think about the possibility of not having this little girl, because in my heart she is mine and love grows for her more each day.  But, then there are other times I have complete peace.  I know God always has my best interest at heart.  He will do whatever is right for our family.  I am positive it involves a little Chinese girl who needs a mom and dad and sisters and a brother.

But, until I have clarity from the Lord, the little girl that you see when you scroll down the page is mine.  Please pray that for us- that we would have clarity.  That God would grant us peace and wisdom.  And, without a doubt, we would know 100% what we are supposed to do.  I would love to read your thoughts and comments if you have any.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I cannot say that I've been in your shoes and cannot imagine the incredible pain this is causing EVERYONE. My only advice is to hang in there and keep faith. We had many "turn-downs" on requests to adopt several SN children from our agency. We were almost ready to quit that route - and then, God closed a door only to open a window. Keep praying for His will and it will be best for EVERYONE, no matter how painful it is along the way. The right thing will happen and you seem to realize that in your posts. That doesn't make it any easier on your heart though, to say the least! You are in my thoughts often - ever since I first heard your cries on RQ. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hey Isaacs family,

Just wanted to let you know that we prayed together for you and for Mylei...for peace and for God to show you what to do. We love you guys and will keep you in our prayers!

-Nora and Eddie

Harry and Robin said...

I am glad you are finding some peace in a incredibly painful situation. I really cannot imagine how you are handling it but you are right, God has a plan for your family and this precious little girl. You will contiinue to be in our prayers.

Julie said...

I am truly sorry that you are going through this painful time in your life. Just know that you can trust in the One who loves you and your little girl more than anyone else on this world.

Shawnstribe said...

hugs and more hugs : )
you are in my prayers
xxxxxxxxxxx
s

Tony and Rett said...

We cannot pretend to know the feelings you're working through right now. Just know that God hasn't forgotten you. He is mighty and will do great works in your family and in your newest daughter. Trust in Him!

Praying for you, your family, and Mylei.